Cooking Vegetables - The Basic Of Cooking
Plants can also be used as food, they are vegetables. Vegetables are the important sources of vitamins, water and minerals. We should take vegetables everyday in order to get the nutrients for our body. Vegetables must be kept, and cooked carefully in order to get the food value from them. We should get them soon before its usage so that they wouldn’t get stale. Do not pick the vegetables until before its usage, if we planted them in the garden. We should keep the green vegetables fresh always and it should be rolled with the newspaper and it should be kept in an airy place. All the root vegetables are kept in a rack or a basket.
Here are some of the cooking methods for vegetables to be followed:
• Boiling is the easiest and the most common way of cooking vegetables.It is so economical too, but cooking for a very long time and the usage of too much water will spoil the taste and aroma of the vegetables. The most important thing is, the nutritional values will be lost.
• For instance, when we cook root vegetables, the of cooking will vary because of the age and size of those particular vegetables.
• Green vegetables should be boiled in a very short time and it should be served at once.
• Frying is a suitable method of preparing the vegetables. For browning garlics and onions and for making chips, deep fat frying method is used.
• Steaming is the another method where we used to cook root vegetables. This method is not recommended for cooking the greens.
Posted by Madison Watts 7/22/15